Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Considering that I turned 33 weeks pregnant the week before Thanksgiving and my doctor won't let patients travel after 32 weeks, we stayed put this year.  I am not sure that my back could have handled 10 hours in a car anyway. Seeing as we were staying here, my family and Trey's family came to see us.

The week before Thanksgiving, my family traveled to Orlando to spend time with us aka set up the baby's nursery. You see, for the past 2.5 months, the Lloyds have been renovating our garage. We absolutely adore our little bungalow, but it is a little small for our family. Plus, Trey works from home and we needed an extra space for him when the baby comes. You know, so he doesn't have to make phone calls with a screaming baby. So high maintenance, Trey Lloyd. Anyway, the contractors finished the day before my parents arrived, so when they pulled up, we put them to work. We rearranged and cleared out, so our baby would have a space to live. My family is the best. I already knew that before this trip, but they really proved it once again while here. They literally spent their entire time helping put together furniture, iron bedding and curtains, assembling everything, and making the little space precious for our baby. I am forever grateful for their willingness to help this crazy, hormonal, pregnant woman.

 My mom made the cribskirt and curtains. It looks so good. Just how I wanted it. Those are vintage baby books in the frame above the crib.
They.are.perfect.

 Above the changing table: 
-James 1:17 - Every good and perfect gift is from above.
-A sweet little cross that will get monogrammed after baby comes: )
-A family friend who always writes personalized poems for people who get married/have babies
                          Some wonderful news has been floating around,
         A brand new baby is coming to town,
            Trey and Jennifer are the parents I hear,
              The baby will bring them so much cheer.
                                                        Here's a little gift
                                                        to be used every day,
                                                       I hope you think of me,
                                                       While you are living far away.

 Where I will rock the baby in FIVE (or less) weeks...

Big cousin, Rob had to test out the new crib

1 comment:

  1. Loved spending time helping with the nursery for sweet baby Lloyd! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete