Thursday, December 5, 2013

Making a List, but not checking it twice...

If you know me, you know that Christmas is one of my favorite holidays. If you really know me, you know that Christmas time also gives me high anxiety. I love Christmas lights, carols, and spending time with my favorite people. I absolutely hate shopping for presents when I don't know what people want, Christmas shopping traffic, and crowds at the mall. It seriously gives me a panic attack. That is why you will never find me Black Friday shopping in the early morning. Just typing that makes my heart rate skyrocket.

In all of my crazy anxiety seriousness, I really do love Christmas. So, I have decided to compile some ideas that I want to do this Christmas. If my completing of this list is anything like my blogging, I probably won't even check one thing off. Let's hope that is not the case : )


Christmas To Do:

1. Watch " How the Grinch Stole Christmas." Okay, so I have already done this, but I just really wanted one thing to go ahead and cross off the list. Sometimes, I write things on my to-do lists that I have already done, just so I have something to cross off. I know that some of you do that too. Don't lie.

2. Go get hot chocolate and ride around looking at Christmas Lights. I hope to do this with my family in Tennessee because if we try and do this in Florida, we can not drink hot chocolate. We will need something with ice because it is not cold. at. all.

3. Make Christmas Cookies. Probably going to do this with my mom, my sister, and her kids. Here's to hoping that my niece makes more cookies this year than just eating more of the raw dough. #sheishermothersdaughter

4. Get all of my Christmas shopping finished before the week of Christmas. I should be able to do this. I think I can. I think I can.

5. Have our Community Group Christmas get-together. We will be doing this sometime this week, so it should help to kickstart Christmas  : )

*Also, I have started the She Reads Truth Advent: Emmaunuel, God with us study plan. If you are looking for a study to prepare your heart for the reason of the Christmas season, you should check out this study.

Throwback Thursday: Christmas Edition. For your enjoyment:

 Because nothing says "Merry Christmas" quite like sitting in a wooden sled with an ugly and huge teddy bear. My mom sure did love a good matching outfit for her girls, complete with sponge rolled curls and headbands : )


I am fully aware that I had a huge head as a baby. I mean, I still do. Yet, I think that my head is normal size, it just looks ginormous because Amanda has a small head. We have always said she has a pea size head because every hat she tries on just swallows her head. Love you sweet sister.



1 comment:

  1. Love my sweet girls and sweet Christmas memories! Will has already asked if we can do the Christmas Light Hunt again this year!







    ReplyDelete