Sunday, December 8, 2013

Rocking around the Christmas Elk...

If you know my husband, you know that he is an avid hunter. He doesn't discriminate. He hunts them all. Ducks, deer, turkeys. You name it. He probably hunts it. This is why we have animals in our house. I know that a lot of women would totally not have any of that, and that's okay, but this is my husband's hobby and I respect that. Plus, they are mostly in one area of our house : )

Anyway, since college, Trey has had an elk that he mounted when he shot it in Utah with his dad. His name is Moe. He has become part of the family and everyone who visits our house is amazed by Moe. I would almost miss him if he was not a part of our family.

Since we go home for Christmas (Hallelujah!!!) we do not get a Christmas tree. We would put up a Christmas tree if it was up to me because I would be hightailing myself to the nearest Wal-Mart and picking up a fake tree. My husband, on the other hand, always wants a real tree. He says they smell better. Ummm... that is why you get an evergreen scented candle!?! So, instead of getting a tree for the house, I just decorate Moe. Yes, I decorate our stuffed elk. I mean, can you blame me? The answer would be no to that question.

For your enjoyment, I present to you Moe the Christmas Elk.

 Moe in all his glory. You know, just chillin' like a villain.


 I guess that I should have started a fire in our fireplace to make this picture 10x better, but it is 83 degrees in Central Florida, so that will not be happening. Just pretend there is a pretty one in there. #notintosweatingforapicture


 Look at those monogrammed stockings. #southerngirlproblems


 This picture is from last year. It almost made the Christmas card, but lost out to the picture below. 


Oh yes, we did. My husband won last year with the Christmas card. And yes, we did put Moe's name on the Christmas card. This year, he did not win. Moe did not make the card. He got his 15 minutes of fame last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment