To begin, we started on our trip on a Friday, flying out of Atlanta. Everything was great. We were pumped. Then, it happened. The flight attendant said "Trey Lloyd to the front desk." You know when you here your name over the loud speaker at an airport, it is not going to be good. Well, our flight was delayed 1 hour. No big deal, right? WRONG. We had a ONE HOUR layover for our international connection. Yes, you read correctly: one hour. I know--- STUPID. Well, in our defense, we did not book the flight, so not our fault. Anyway, we missed the flight by ONE minute, therefore, causing us to stay in Newark, New Jersey for the day. BUMMER. By the way, totally ran through the airport Home Alone style. Yep, I know people were laughing and I didn't even care. I was going to Spain. Well, since we had to stay in New Jersey we went to NYC for the day. So fun because Trey had never been. I know, the boy who has been to every continent, but Antartica, had never been to the BIG APPLE. Well, after our delightful day in NYC, we hopped on the flight to Portugal. At this point, we are certain, we had luggage. WRONG again. NO LUGGAGE. Yes, we had to buy all necessities in Portugal at H&M. I am not making this stuff up. I wish I was lying. So, we missed our flight, the beginning of our cruise, and had no luggage. Not a good start to the trip. Basically, I am pretty sure that I told Trey that I was never traveling again. Oh, because we missed our flight to Portugal, we missed our cruise at its first spot. So, we just had to take an 11 hour bus ride to the next city. Yes, 11 hours. LONG TRIP on a bus. Oh, and all of this happened on my birthday. Yep, Happy 24th to me: ) Anyway, it was a super fun trip after all the craziness and I am so glad we were able to go : ) One thing I did learn through all of this: Pack extra clothes in your carry-on. Especially undergarments. Yep, you WILL regret it if you don't do it. I promise. Take it from me.
Our unexpected, yet very fun day in the BIg Apple : )
BEAUTIFUL Spain!
After our CRAZY trip, we came home to the flood and saw this from our house. Yes, it was pure craziness. SO thankful the water did not come into our house.
Welcome back, girl! Can't wait to read your continued posts! Love you!
ReplyDeleteMom