I am a list person. Any type of list. To-do list, grocery list, Christmas list, anything that requires those little bullet points and allows me to cross something off. I used to make lists in college of things I already did, just so I could cross them off. True story.
So, I decided to make a list of my favorite things, not all of my favorite things, just a few that I am loving at this moment. Here goes---->
1. Walking. I know this sounds a little silly, but I really do. We have a gym membership here in Orlando that I love to use, but with the weather being perfect, I love to go for a nice walk. There is a sweet little park with a lake by our house where I go to walk and think. I like to take short and long walks, always going a different route, jamming to my tunes and enjoying the sunshine. I am pretty sure that I get really into my walking because I start to sing along with my ipod and people stare. Especially when I am belting out old school Britney. Who cares, I know about a total of 4 people in Orlando. Whatev.
2. Pinterest. Really do I need to explain why? Ok, I will because I love it that much. My sister invited me a while back and I have been obsessed ever since. Although I don't have a creative bone in my body, I like to believe that I will be Betty Crocker in a day and starting my own Etsy shop tomorrow.Wishful thinking, huh?
3. Candles. I really love my Woodwick Candle in the Fireside scent. It makes my house smell like I live in the woods and my door has been open all day. love it so much.
4. My Uggs. I know this is a superficial one, but I really do love them. You may be wondering if I ever get to wear them. Well, to answer, no. I don't wear them outside because it is 75-80 degrees in January, but my husband refuses to turn on the heat in our house at night. During the night, our thermostat stays around 65 degrees. So, I get to wear my Uggs inside in Florida. Yeah, I know, crazy husband. I don't care though because I love them that much.
5. Quiet time. Right now, I am loving good, quality quiet time. When I was home hanging with the family, my mom and sister decided they were going to read the Bible in a year. They are using the one year plan on Youversion.com. I have always wanted to do this and have never done it, so I decided to join the bandwagon. It is a great way to start or end the day. I am loving it. Thanks Mom and Amanda,
So, those are some of my favorite things right now. P.S. My mom is coming on Wednesday to hang out with me for a whole week!!! I am so excited! Plus it is her birthday on Saturday : ) Also, I get to see one of my best friends who is in Orlando on Friday!!! Woo Hoo : )
Can't wait to see you! You are one of my favorite things! Love you!
ReplyDeleteMom
I am reading the Bible this year also. Your sweet sister told me about that app and it is helping!
ReplyDelete