Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

Easter has to be one of my favorite holidays. It is a time for celebration, remembrance, and togetherness. I can remember when I was a little girl and the anticipation and excitement of Easter. Of course, the beloved Easter baskets didn't hurt, but it wasn't all about that. I loved getting dressed up, taking a million pictures (thanks Mom!), and having Easter lunch after church. It was always a time for togetherness to celebrate that He is alive. I have never missed an Easter with family, until this year.

Living away from home has been hard. Really hard. I love my husband and our life, but I do miss our family in Tennessee. Especially on holidays like Easter. I am sad that we weren't in Tennessee for Easter, but we had a pretty good day on our own in Florida.

Every since we moved to Florida, we have been church-hunting. Although there are great churches in Orlando, we haven't found a church that we love as much as we did in Chattanooga. I will say that we do enjoy visiting a local church here called Crosspointe, so that is where we enjoyed our Easter service. It has many young people and young families, so it is very appealing to us. They also take communion every week, just like we did at Northshore in Chattanooga. Something about taking the Lord's Supper every week is important to me. To remember that Jesus gave his life for me, a sinner, so that I can have eternal life. Something about taking the sacrament is powerful, and I love the thought of taking it each week as a reminder.

After our church service, we came home to make lunch. Trey made his famous bacon wrapped doves. They were paired with corn on the cob and grilled veggies. It was a wonderful meal. It wasn't like being with my family at my grandparents' house on a Sunday, but it was good. Really good. The day was so beautiful, so we decided to walk around one of the lakes by our house. If you didn't know, Orlando has a million lakes. After our little walk, we bummed around for the rest of the night. It was a perfect Easter. You see, even though I couldn't be in Tennessee, I was exactly where I needed to be. I was with family, celebrating our risen Lord.

1 comment:

  1. We missed you too, sweet girl! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete