Thursday, August 2, 2012

I want to be in the Fab Five

So, I have been glued to the t.v. watching the Olympics since last Friday. Not even kidding a little bit. I am not really sure why I have been so excited this year. I have not watched the Olympics so much since Atlanta 1996. Let's be honest. I only really watched the Magnificent Seven and Bela. Annnddd, I may or may not have used my parents' living room as a gym where I performed a floor exercise and balance beam routine on the hearth. Just my luck, my parents didn't have a vault or bars. Bummer.

Last Friday night, I convinced Trey to make a pizza and we watched the opening ceremonies ALL NIGHT LONG. I know that some people were not fans of this year opening ceremonies, but I for one, loved them.

Since I have literally been a bum and stuck on the couch. I have realized quite a few things about the Olympics. So, guess what? I am about to tell you all about them. I know you are excited.


  • I wish I had been a gymnast. Unfortunately, I have this huge fear of falling on my head. When I used to cheer, my mom would have to bribe encourage me a lot, just to get one little back handspring out of me. Annnnddd, most of the time, I didn't throw it. Sorry mom (and Ms. Teresa, my cheer coach).In all seriousness, how do those girls do it? No fear.
  • Loooooved that Gabby Douglass gave all the glory to God. Yes, all things are possible through Him. love it x100000. 
  • On the topic of gymnasts, what is it with glitter and the Russians? Holy moly. They need to calm that down, pronto. Seriously reminded me of myself and sixth grade and my first school dance. I didn't even know you could buy that stuff anymore.Yikes.
  • Dear Russians, you just won a silver medal and a bronze medal in gymnastics. Please stop acting like you didn't win. You could at least crack a smile. Aly would love to take your place. Seriously makes me soooo mad.
  • I really want to be friends with Missy Franklin. The girl just seems down to earth and super positive. I am pretty sure we would be BFFs. Except that I could have totally been old enough to be her babysitter. Whatev.
  • I believe the Kayak slalom is the hardest event. Okay, not really, but that sport is no joke. They have to paddle upstream in rapids. What the mess?!?
  • Michael Phelps is pretty amazing. Most decorated Olympian. I am just going to leave it at that.
  • No matter what event, if USA wins and they play the national anthem, I get teary-eyed. I can't even imagine what the athlete is feeling. Well, actually I can because I have definitely pretended to win a gold medal. when I was 10. right after the magnificent seven won our their gold.
  • I am still mad at the silly Badminton teams who tried to lose. Seriously. You are in the OLYMPICS. Dumb move because you definitely got DQed.
So, in conclusion, do you think I am too old to train for 2016? Yeah, I didn't think so either. Go 'Merica!


Nighty-night, little friends! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I definately remember all the gymnastics going on in my living room! I thought you would wear a hole in the carpet! I've enjoyed watching them, also! Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE in the FAB 5.....at Page High. haha!! Love you, Jen!

    ReplyDelete