1. She has taught me to love unconditionally. To love when I don't want to and when I don't think that I can. She is a true example of this.
2. She has taught me how to love the Lord. My mother is such a wonderful example of a Godly woman. She is growing in her faith each day. I love to learn after her example.
3. She has taught me how to be thankful for a sibling. My mother is an only child and has always longed to have a brother or sister. When I was younger, I was not the biggest fan of Amanda. Although I love her so much now, it took many years of my mother's begging and pleading for us to get along for that to happen. Thank you Mom.
4. She has taught me how to be selfless. My mom is the most selfless person I know. My dad would have to tie with her. She gives and gives, even when I can not return. I admire my mom for this character trait.
5. She has taught me how to be a bargain shopper. This is probably my most favorite thing about my mom. My mother's favorite stores include The Dollar Store and Dollar General. I love it. I also have become a bargain shopper when it comes to sales. Thanks to my mother. : )
6. She has taught me how to be a loving child. If you know my mother, you know that she loves my grandparents, Nannie and PaPa, more than life itself. She would do absolutely anything for them. I hope that I will always follow in that example. You too, Amanda!
7. She has taught me to love McDonald's sweet tea. My mother has an addiction to sweet tea, not just any sweet tea, just McDonald's. Do not try to give her any other sweet tea. She will tell you it not as good as MickeyDs.
8. She has taught me to always have my toenails painted. I know this sounds funny, but it is true.
9. She has taught me to have confidence in myself. My mother believes in me, like no other. I am slowly learning to believe like she does.
10. She has taught me, even though I do not practice it, to always wear lipstick. I detest lipstick. I think the only two times I have ever worn it was for my prom and my wedding day. Well, Mom, you may have lost out on me, but at least you taught Amanda well.

Have the best day today! You deserve it! I can not wait to celebrate with you this weekend : )
Love,
Jen
What a sweet post! You are truly a blessing
ReplyDeletefrom God and I thank Him every day for you!
I love you "forever and always".
Mom
Three, make that four (your Dad) wonderful people in my life.
ReplyDelete