Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Sissy!

Well, I have been busy lately, so my blog has been neglected. Yet, today is a very important day so I figured I could find the time to create a new post.

Today is the day that my best friend was born. See picture below of who my best friend is.




You guessed it. My best friend in the world is my sister, Amanda. When we were younger and we were fighting, my mother would ALWAYS say, "I just wish I'd a sister to fight with. When you both get older, you will be best friends." Well, I had to admit it, but Mom was right. I think that my sister is the greatest. I would never trade her for a brother. ever. So, in honor of her birthday, I am going to give 29 reasons why I love her. Warning: This may take a while.

1. She is a great confidant. Whenever, I have a problem I call her first.
2. She has the sweetest spirit. She would do anything for anyone at any moment of the day.
3. She has given me the gift of being an aunt. Will and Caroline=enough said.
4. She is beautiful. Whenever I was younger, all of my guy friends would be like "Your sister is so HOTT!" I will admit that I was a little jealous back then. Now, I totally agree with them.
5. She is now has brown hair. I love it, Amanda. You better keep it.
6. She loves the Lord. She has infallible faith. I admire her the most for this.
7. She is a TOTAL scaredy cat. I make fun of her for it. Yet, I can see this in me as well.
8. She has a peanut head. Our family has always laughed about this because she can never wear any hats because her head is so tiny.
9. She shares the love of reality t.v. or magazines with me. When we are together, we could totally watch reality t.v. together without saying a word. When we read those trashy magazines, we are enthralled in them. This bothers our mom so much when she is trying to talk to us.
10. When we were younger, we fought with each other all the time. Yet, when someone else was trying to fight with us, we had each other's back. She is protective of me and me of her.
11. She is emotional. Amanda is that one girl in the movies that cries at every part of the movie, even when it is not sad. I used to make fun of her for this. I now am that girl. Thanks Amanda and Mom.
12. She is a wonderful example of a mother. She loves her children with everything she has. I admire you for that. I hope that when I am a mother I am half as good as you.
13. Her marriage. Amanda and Jesse are a wonderful example of love for Trey and me. I love to see them interact and be totally in love. Keep it up.
14. My mom and Amanda planned my wedding. Enough said.
15. She has a passion for life. She could be doing something so not fun, but she is doing it with a smile on her face.
16. She is a great nurse. She loves people. She makes them feel special when she is taking care of them.
17. She just passed her boards for being a Lactation Consultant. Do not ever tell her you are not going to breastfeed your baby if you don't want to see her grow fangs and sharp claws. Not a pretty sight. Trust me on this one from experience. I now plan on breastfeeding my children, when I have them in ten years.
18. She is a total planner. She loves throwing parties and showers. I did not inherit this gene at all. See #14.
19. She is total computer junkie. I will admit I am one too. We have that in common. We may need help because of it.
20. She is the life of the party. My wedding=greatest example of this. Love you Mandy.
21. She is so creative. She can think of anything and everything. Example A: She made a Thomas cake for my nephew's birthday that looked like it came from Ace of Cakes. Ridiculous.
22.She loves family time. I do too. I can not wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas. CAN NOT WAIT!!!
23.She is my shopping partner. Amanda, Mom, and I can go shopping all day. I always have to pit stop to eat, but then I am good to go.
24.We have the same favorite store. Target. No explanation needed.
25.Whenever we are not with each other, I can call Amanda and talk for a long time. I love our conversations.
26.She is so stinking smart. She has a job, two kids, a house, a husband, and she is still continuing to get her Masters. I am so proud of you.
27.We have the same Alma Mater and we love it. We bleed orange. In fact, our entire family does. Thank goodness, we married men who love it too!
28.Cupcakes. Amanda and I love cupcakes. Whenever I am in town and we are close to Ivey's cupcakes, we MAKE an excuse to go in.
29.Next year, she turns 30. Watch out because we are going to do it BIG!

I love you very much sister! Have a fabulous day! I wish I was with you. Can't wait to see you on Tuesday!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet tribute! You girls are so blessed to have each other. I love you both
    so much.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete