Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Umm, Mrs. Lloyd....

So, as many of you know, I teach second grade. Most days, I absolutely love it. It is hard. VERY HARD. Most days, I leave the school in tears because I don't think my kids have learned anything at all. Well, on those days that are going well, I have those moments that make me love my job. Second graders are funny, little, adorable things. They really are fun. I know that I get annoyed with them. Sometimes, I want to pull out my hair (on more than one occasion during the day). But, I really do love it. Anyway, I love the things that these kids say. I mean, they are so funny... and they don't realize it.

Well, this little story happened a few weeks ago, but I think it is totally blog worthy. I was telling my students that they must raise their hand to get my attention or in order to use the bathroom. I have gone over this rule about 123456789 times since August 7th. It is a rule that most kids forget. Well, as I am in the middle of explaining this rule, I have one student up at my desk. I told him he needed to go back to his seat and raise his hand if he needed something. His face had a look of panic. He said, loudly to the entire class, "But I can't wait, I have DIHERREA in my butt." This is a true story. No lie. Needless to say, my little friend DEFINITELY used the bathroom that day without raising his hand. FOR SURE. Wow. What can I say? I love those little ones.

2 comments:

  1. Never a dull moment in teaching! Your kids are
    lucky to have you as their teacher! I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny and gross all at the same time!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete