Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day : )

Happy Valentine's Day to all my lovely friends! I hope this day of love has found you feeling very special and very loved. I am not a big Valentine's kinda girl. I mean, it is a fun day to celebrate, but I don't feel like I get caught up in the whole flowers, dinner, and chocolate theme. I just love spending time with those that I love, especially my husband.

Trey and I have been together for six Valentine's day. Crazy. Although we don't do the fancy dinners and flowers, we do like to celebrate, and celebrate we did tonight. Please be warned that we got CRAZY tonight. I almost feel bad for people who don't have this much excitement in their life.

First, we picked up dinner from the BBQ place in Orlando called Four Rivers. Y'all, I am not a BBQ kinda of girl, but Four Rivers is the bomb. You get so much good food and the banana pudding is almost as good as my Nannie's, not quite but very close.

After dinner, we rented the movie, Horrible Bosses. Quite vulgar, yet still funny. I would not call it one of my top 100 movies, but still okay for a date night. Disclaimer: I did try to be romantic today and go buy Along Came Polly at Target. Along Came Polly was the movie we watched on our first Valentine's Day in the fraternity house. Also, the movie we watched right before our first kiss. (Insert all ahhhhs and ooohhhs here.) But, since that movie came out forever ago, they didn't have it. Boo on you, Target.

Well, that was the extent of our Valentine's Day. I know you were all on the edge of your seats for the play by play. Yet, in all seriousness, I wouldn't want to spend my day with anyone else in any other way. I truly do love him with all my heart and am so glad he is my forever Valentine.

So, happy Valentine's Day to all of you. Hold tight to the ones you love and give them some extra love today. I saw this on a friend's Facebook status today and wanted to share because it is so very true: "We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

Have a happy and blessed day : ) Love to you all!

1 comment: