Anna and I were really close in college, and since graduating, she is one of those friends that I don't talk to everyday, but we always pick up from where we left off. When Anna and I were roommates, we had so much fun. Seriously, we would have dance parties and stay up late talking about everything. She is a very dear friend. Although I could go on for a very long post about my sweet friend Anna, this post is about something we started senior year of college.
One day before college graduation, I was visiting Anna in her room on the sorority floor. I noticed that she had this teddy bear sitting in her room. Not a childhood lovey type of teddy bear, it was a teddy bear with the saying "Ask a question, Save a Life." Of course, I asked Anna about it, and she told me she got it from some Suicide Prevention meeting. She had to go to the meeting for one of the 1,298 organizations she was involved in during college. Well, as I left her room, I didn't think anything else about it. A few days later, the teddy bear paid my room a visit. I walked in from class and there was the teddy bear, sitting on my bed. So, then it was on. Anna and I would go back and forth with the bear. On the day of graduation, Anna and I said our goodbyes and before I pulled away, I put the bear on her car. I thought I would never see the bear again. Boy, I was wrong. A few months later, Mr. Suicide Prevention bear made his apperance at my Knoxville apartment.
Well, the bear has been passed a few more times, and the other day he came all the way from D.C. to sunny Florida. I was laughing when I told Trey the story and opened the box to find the bear (complete with sticky notes that had sayings that the bear would say). I think that it is absolutely hilarious that we have kept it going for over 3 years. I love Anna so much and I am glad that we still share this bear.

P.S. I finished The Hunger Games. Oh my, so good. Do yourself a favor and read them ALL. Can't wait for March 23 to see the movie : )
No comments:
Post a Comment