Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tennessee Rednecks stuck in Florida

So, you all know that my husband and I have relocated to the Sunshine state. We love it on most days. Especially on days like today. For all of you who have had a winter, I am sure you are tired of snow, ice, and pure coldness. Well, we have not had any cold weather, not even a little coolness in the air. Trust me, I have loved it. Yet, I have kinda missed the cold weather, and being able to wear my Uggs : )

Well, this morning, I woke up to my husband snuggled close, my duvet cover over my head wrapped tightly, and our thermostat on 58. Yes, FIFTY-EIGHT. I was frozen as I climbed out of bed, rushing to get dressed for church. Since the high for the day was 54 in Orlando, Trey and I decided to make chili and have a campfire. Yes, a campfire in our tropical backyard. The previous owner of our house left us with an awesome firepit, so we pulled it out and put some wood in, and VOILA, a campfire! We laughed so hard because we had a total redneck campfire in our driveway, eating chili, wrapped in blankets, and sitting in beach chairs. Yes, beach chairs because they are the only lawn furniture we own at the moment. I just had to take a picture to document our redneck campfire set-up.



Although we totally looked Busch league, it was such a fun way to spend a lazy Sunday with my favorite person : ) Plus, it kinda felt like we were back in Tennessee on a fall night!

1 comment: