My daddy is the greatest. He really is. He has never met a stranger. He loves with his whole heart. He would do anything for me. I know this and I really love him for it.
My dad only had daughters, my sister and me. I used to feel bad for him. I always thought that he kinda missed out because he only had girls. Now, I know that my dad was made to have only girls. No other man could be so patient, so loving, so giving like my dad. I couldn't have been blessed more with a greater dad.
My best friend always tells me that my dad is a saint. Not only because he got stuck with me, but because he is genuinely a kind person. One day, she was telling me about a sweet man who would do anything for his family and said "You know, he is a Gene Marlin." I think that could quite possibly be the nicest compliment. To have someone think of your dad so highly. I am so glad that he is my dad.
As I did inherit my dad's skinny, long toes and love for the VOLs, I didn't inherit everything from him (especially his love of Westerns). I just hope that I did inherit the ability to love deeply and care for people like it is my job. I love you daddy. Thanks for being such a wonderful example of a father.
Happy Father's Day!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment