Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Lovin'

I love summer. I have always loved summer. I really starting liking it more when I started teaching because I didn't work. There are many things that I love about summer. Get excited because I have compiled a list of some of my favorites.


  • fresh fruit: I absolutely love fruit, yet this has not always been the case. But, seriously, who doesn't love fresh, yummy fruit during the summer? If you don't, you should be ashamed. Strawberries are my favorite. We go through like two boxes of strawberries a week in our house. No lie. We don't play.





  • Being outdoors. Seriously, I love doing things outside. I have not always liked being outside. I am not really a fan of sweating when I step out my front door. But, I don't mind sweating when I am doing something fun like hiking, swimming, kayaking, or riding on a sweet boat. Check out our new addition. Whoop Whoop!


Ok, totally kidding. We do not own, nor intend to buy this boat. When I was riding around the other day with Trey, this airboat was outside one of his stores. I may or may not want to ride on one of these boats.

  • Reading. I really enjoying sitting down with a good book. I feel like in the summer I read more and more than during the rest of the year. My sweet MIL gave me a book for my birthday. I am just now getting around to read it. It is so good. It is all about being thankful for the everyday things. I love it and recommend it to everyone.



  • Fourth of July. I love this holiday. Not because the red,white, and blue, or the fun cookouts. I love the fireworks. I am not really sure why, but I have always enjoyed watching fireworks. We don't have definite plans, but I will be watching some fireworks. You can bet on that.
  • Being tan. I love having a little color. Don't worry, I wear sunscreen. I would love being able to lay out at the pool at my Y, if it would ever stop raining in Florida. This week alone, I have felt like I was living in Seattle, rather than the Sunshine State. Dear Sun, please come out and play.
What is your favorite part of summer???

Have a happy Tuesday!!! 



1 comment:

  1. I really thought you all had bought a boat! All of these things are my favs too!
    Love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete