I know that I am not as young as I used to be. I know this. Yet, I am not sure when I became such an adult. Maybe it was when I accepted my first "real" job, got married, or when we bought our house, but I have now realized I am an adult.
I guess being an adult means having adult-like days. This is what I had today. The Lloyds started off with housework. I hate housework. I love having clean laundry, a clean house, and my yard looking like HGTV stopped by in Orlando, but I do not enjoy it. Well, we did it all. And by that statement, I mean Trey did most of it. So, I know I brag on him a lot, but he really is the best. Along with all the yardwork, he also cleaned my new house project. You see, I have been wanting to put up old windows as picture frames in our house forever. I wanted to do in Chatt and that didn't happen, and it has taken us 10 months to actually buy the windows in Orlando. Well ladies and gents, we now have old windows and they will be going up very soon. I just have to find some pictures to occupy them : )
After our crazy, exciting day, we decided we needed to sweat a little at the Y. We love going together, but most of the time we go separately because I like to work out in the morning and Trey likes to in the evening. Anyway, we had a nice little workout and then proceeded to go out to dinner. After dinner, we decided we should go to the place I hate most in this world-Home Depot. I really despise Home Depot. Don't get me wrong, it has great things and I am appreciative of that, but I think I would rather eat a worm than step foot in there. I don't like to make choices and you have to make so many choices in Home Depot. Also, you go in for one thing and come out with fifty. Target is also like this for me except that I like Target and I don't like power tools. Another thing, my husband loves Home Depot. He could stay in there for days. He informed me tonight that his dad used to take him there for fun. Fun?!? He doesn't like Disney but he will wander around Home Depot. He also shared that he used to wear a tool belt everywhere he went when he was a kid. Even to church. Bahaha I would love to see a picture of that .
The below pictures accurately explain our feelings for this place.
P.S. in the above picture, I am wearing my new favorite boots. Not because they are super cute and very comfortable, but because it rains everyday in Florida. Not very long, but it rains everyday. At least my yard is pretty, I can't say the same for my hair. Yikes.
After our trip to my unhappy place, we visited my favorite place, Publix. I could stay in there forever. Love it. We needed some groceries for the week, so it was a quick trip. Yet, I did get my new favorite treat. If you haven't tried the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, you are missing out. They are only 140 to 150 calories and they taste like heaven. I absolutely could eat all six in one sitting. Don't worry, I didn't, but I totally could.
So, even though I am not hanging out at the Sigma Chi house on my Saturday night like I did in college, I love my sweet Saturdays in adult world, except for the whole Home Depot part. I could totally never go back there and be completely okay. Hope your Saturday has been delightful and your Sunday is even better : )



Home Depot is way better than Chuck E. Cheese...wait until that is where you spend your Saturday night!
ReplyDelete