I am a very blessed person. I have a wonderful husband, loving family, sweet friends, a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior, a house, my health, and many, many more things. I will admit though that I do not appreciate all of my blessings on a regular basis. I know that is not good, hence why I am trying to be more thankful everyday, not just on Thursdays.
So, here is my little list of things I am thankful for today:
- My health. I should thank God everyday for the ability to get out of bed, exercise, and just be able to function normally. I know that there are so many people who would love to be able to use their two legs. I hope I never take this for granted because I know I am incredibly fortunate.
- Rain. I know this is a weird one. Trust me, I used to hate rainy days. Like detest them. Yet, since living in FL, I have come to appreciate and even like rain. It makes my yard beautiful and it is delightful to listen to when I am in the house.
- Sweet time with my husband. After Trey took over the FL territory last year, we pretty much lived apart for a good four months. Let me tell you, it was hard. Period. I was still in school and he traveled every week, so we didn't spend a lot of time together. Those months were some of the hardest. Since moving, I have come to appreciate our sweet time together. Since I don't have a full-time job, we can spend more time together and it is awesome. I really do treasure this time with him.
- My grandparents. I grew up living next door to my grandparents on my mom's side. My dad's parents were only a twenty minute drive away, so I was blessed to be close to all my grandparents. My mom's parents are still living and I am extremely close to them. I love talking with them and spending time with them. Also, they are the best at phone calls, in fact, they called me yesterday and sang me "Happy Anniversary" to the tune of "Happy Birthday." It was precious.
There are so many things that I am thankful and these are just a few. Have a wonderful Thursday and hopefully you can find a few things to be thankful for today!!!
I am thankful for YOU, sweet girl! Love you!
ReplyDeleteMom