Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday: June 14th Edition


Well, I had all intentions of blogging earlier this week, but my body did not. I caught a dreadful stomach bug/food poisoning(still not sure what it was) and it kicked my booty. Like staying in bed and watching Laguna Beach on Netflix. Totally brought back memories of Freshmen Year of College. Now that I am feeling 87% better, I feel that I can blog about some things that make me happy.

  • I am extremely thankful for having a flexible job. Since moving, I was able to work part-time at two jobs(substitute teaching and tutoring) and I have loved it. It has given me structure, yet let me be flexible and travel some with Trey. With this being said, I traveled with Trey on Monday. Here is what it looked like:

Of course, we had to have fuel for the trip. Water and DP. I have seriously cut out sugary drinks in my diet lately, yet every once in a while, I have to have a little caffeine. It keeps me going for trips. So I guess I am also thankful for DP. Also, on the way home, we played the cloud game. You know, the game where you look at clouds and tell what you see in them? Yeah, Trey and I definitely did not see the same things AT ALL. I saw a bear in one and in the same cloud he saw an alligator. Two completely different animals, but whatever.

  • Gatorade. I am very thankful for gatorade this week. I probably would not have lasted. Yes, I am fully aware that I am a wimp. I am sure that my "little" bug was no where near what pregnancy entails. Yes, I am fully aware that I will be ZERO fun if I ever get pregnant.
  • I am very thankful that Trey and I have found a church here. We loved our church in Chattanooga and had a very difficult time finding one when we first moved here. We are meeting new people and starting a bible study in July. I am super pumped. We also found out that our next door neighbors go to the same church.
  • I am thankful for these two crazies.

Y'all don't even know(well, some may understand) how hard it is to live away from these two. They are so fun. So crazy, but so fun. I love them as if they were my own. I also have a tendency to break out my teacher voice and "I will never let my kids do that" attitude when I am around them. Then my loving sister kindly reminds me that I am not a mother yet and she also sweetly throws in "I can't wait until you have kids" speech everytime. I still love them with all my heart and I am eternally grateful for them in my life.

Well, I think that is all for today, folks. I hope you are having a fabulous week. Only 1 more day until the weekend : ) Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment