Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday 6.28.12

Remember that book I was telling you about called One Thousand Gifts? Well, in the book, the author talks about finding joy and being grateful in the everyday things. Not only being grateful and thankful for the BIG things, but also those little things that we tend to overlook on a day to day basis. So, this post is about the little things, even if they seem a little trivial. Just stay with me, okay?

1. My daily quiet time. A long time ago, I told you that I was reading through the entire Bible this year. Well, I may or may not have gotten a little behind in my reading. I am trying. I promise. I read it at night before bedtime and it is the most peaceful part of my day. I am truly enjoying getting to read about my Creator and how much He loves me on a daily basis.


 2. Pretty, fun clothes. Before I go on to explain this, please ignore the complete look of shock/constipation/deer in the headlights that I am giving to the camera. Not really sure what was going on there. Back to being grateful and not critical, I love shopping. Shopping for me or anyone else for that matter. I just love it. I also love when I find something fun, comfortable, and practical. Example of this in below picture. I love maxi dresses. So pumped about this comfy one.




3. I am grateful for thoughtfulness. It doesn't take a lot to show someone you care. You can write them a letter, send them a sweet text, or make them something. This week, I received this:

My mom and sister made me a book with pictures of their visit in March. It was so sweet and I love it. I miss them terribly and it is a good little thing to have when I am missing them.


4. Zumba. I try to workout 5-6 times a week. Sometimes I accomplish this, sometimes I stink at this. It really keeps me sane. I don't like to do the same workout everyday, sometimes I run (when I am feeling ambitious), sometimes I take classes, but at least once a week, I zumba. I used to love to dance. I would have dance parties in my bedroom when I was younger. Yes, I was a complete dork. In college, my roomie and I would dance all the time in our 10x10 dorm room. So naturally, I like to zumba. It is super fun, I get a good workout, and my instructor is the bomb.

5. Sweet conversations. Tonight, I talked with one of my very best friends. We live 12 hours away and I miss her a lot. Yet, when we do get together or talk on the phone, it is always precious to me. Don't get me wrong, I love where I am and I love living where I live, but I miss my Tennessee folks. I miss being able to visit family and friends whenever I want instead of having to plan months in advance and buy a plane ticket. So, when I get to spend time or have a conversation with a friend, it makes my heart so very happy.

6. Air conditioning. Can I please just go ahead and get an amen on that one? For real, I am loving the weather because I am a hot weather kind of gal, but I would be hurting if we didn't have air conditioning. I know all you peeps in TN would be too, seriously 105 degrees this weekend???

No matter how big or how small, I am grateful for all these things in my life. Have a wonderful day : )

No comments:

Post a Comment