Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday 6.21.12

I need to get better at being thankful. I have so many things in my life that are amazing. I have a wonderful, loving husband who makes me laugh everyday. I have a family that loves me unconditionally. I have friends who are hilarious, fabulous, and the best supporters. With all of my blessings, I still find myself being selfish. I find myself wanting more like a better body, a better car, or a better wardrobe. I know. There are people battling cancer, dealing with infertility, and losing loved ones. With all of this being said, I am grateful. I thank God every morning when I wake up. Yet, I want and need to be thankful for all my blessings. So, here are just a few thankfuls for this week.

1. I know I say this a lot, but I am going to say it again. I love my husband. I know that I love him more today than I did when I married him. Props to my friend who gave us a card at our wedding who said "My hope is that you love each other the least today and more each day from today." Or something like that. It is true. I love him with each day more than the day before. With that being said, check out the picture below:

He went fishing today. He came home and I told him to put his face wrap up. I told him I wanted to put it on the blog. He said "Make sure you call me the Red Fishing Ninja." Gosh, I love him.
Please ignore our horrible kitchen paint job. The past owner painted our kitchen white with black and red trim. Yikes. This is on our summer to-do list. like for real.

2. Besides our crazy painted kitchen, I do love our home. I am very thankful for a sweet little bungalow to call our own. We are so grateful to have a home that fits us. We absolutely love it.

3. Sweet friends. I seriously have some of the best friends. Just today, one of my awesome friends from college sent out an email about a get-together. Granted it may be scheduled for next year, but nonetheless, we try to stay in contact. Just last month, I got to see two of my best friends and it was such a treat. I really do love them. and miss them. so much.

4. Sidenote: superficial one. I am thankful for my iphone. I know, I know. But, I am grateful that I am able to have an iphone. I get to take fun pictures, set my home alarm, and check facebook. Plus, I get to talk/text my favorite people. 

5. Lazy nights at home. I am grateful that I get to spend most nights in the comfort of my living room, watching NatGeo with my husband. I know, we are so old. Watch out, some nights we even pour a glass of wine in our super fun wine glasses. We are so crazy. Please contain your jealousy. In all seriousness, I really do love it.



Well, this is about .000002% of what I am thankful for today. 

What are you thankful for?

Off to bed, going to work with the husband tomorrow. Stay tuned for more exciting photos. I know you are on the edge of your seat and will checking my blog on the hour tomorrow. I will try promise to update with our adventures.

Have a happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment